Wednesday, April 02, 2008

A disclaimer

For those of you who are not regular readers of this blog (which, I thought until recently was everyone - even my husband doesn't read this), I will reiterate, the opinions in this blog are my own.

I explained that in my July 23, 06 post, and will mention it again:

My unedited and admittedly biased opinions don't represent any company or organization, including my employer (which is now Itron). I also don't represent any media company, industry association, electric utility, or customer advocacy group. I also don't get paid to do this.

Itron is a great company whose customers include virtually every major utility in the world. I realize that as an employee, today more than ever, I bear a certain responsibility to Itron and its customers.

So, if you have any comments about this or any of my former posts, please leave comments below, let's have a discussion and tell me what you think.

Sincerely,
Lori

1 comment:

C-Lo said...

unfortunately, i didn't get a chance to read yesterday's post before it was recalled.

although i can understand how someone might feel that, because you're affiliated w/ itron, you should feel obligated to censor what you blog about -- i personally think that's an unfortunate statement about the world we live in. it makes me miss muhammad ali in his heyday.

it's one of the reasons charles barkley is my favorite commentator -- because he tells it like it is: straight, no chaser. and i admire folks who have the courage to do the same.

i'm by no means advocating that folks should be without tact -- but do think that people oftentimes feel compelled to water down their commentaries to the point that they're no longer being truthful to themselves -- out of fear of hurting someone's feelings. i, personally, admire honesty. and to the folks who are too easily offended, my apologies -- but it's something that they might want to work on. because reality is always honest -- sometimes brutually so.